Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dynamo Donuts and Coffee; Did Someone Say Bacon?


Let me first preface this review with this...When you say "Bacon", I say "Where"? When you say "Maple Glazed Bacon Apple Donut", I say "I'm There"! But when you say "Coffee", I say, "It better be good...".

You can probably tell that I'm a huge bacon fan (no...really?), so when I first bit into the magnificant Maple Glazed Bacon Apple Donut, I was FLOORED. No joke. FLOORED. The sweet and savory combination was perfect! But in the end...I did get the "Oy...that was too much donut for me" feeling. But totally worth it!

I also tried the Spiced Chocolate: A little on the dense side, but a great little mixture of cinnamon, sugar, chipotle and chocolate. Great with coffee, I'm sure...

The Monte Cristo is also a must, if they have it. Gruyere, Ham and Jelly? Yes. How does it taste? Exactly as it sounds. But somehow, Dynamo has managed to make it a great combination.

So. The downside? The coffee. Four Barrel was not as it was supposed to be (or how it was explained to me). It was kind of bland...sad. I'm hoping it was an off day for the french pressed coffee. Please? Nope...totally an off coffee, if you ask me. I went back again to give Four Barrel another shot and it failed me again. Oh well...Philz is a few blocks away...there's still hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment